First impressions: it's brilliant.
- MMS - I must say, I'm not too bothered either way about this feature; I would generally opt for email if sending pictures to someone.
- Safari - The new version of Mobile Safari is noticeably faster than the old.
- Spotlight - This is great, especially for quickly finding media.
- Landscape keyboard - This is nice for writing emails and similar; quite a lot quicker to use than the normal portrait one.
- Youtube account integration - Nice, but, well, look at the dialog box for entering your details. I suspect Apple haven't been sticking to their own UI diktats.
- Push service - There aren't actually any applications using this at the moment, though some are due to show up very soon.
- Copy and paste - Quite nicely done once you get used to it.
- Voice memos - Why? Weren't there already third party apps which did exactly the same thing? And why the picture of the microphone? Weird.
- Improved stocks app - Watch the economy collapse with greater ease!
- Camera - They didn't make a big deal about this, but taking photos is now considerably faster.
- Password autofill - Yay! Why don't they have this in desktop Safari?
Just one major criticism. The launch. They really should have staged it; quite a few people were left with dead phones for a few hours while they were waiting for an iTunes connection to re-activate. Why does it even activate through iTunes, anyway?